Friday, March 20, 2009

The Empire Strikes Back

Why we should all read V Magazine, or at least worship it. 

DISCLAIMER: I AM IN NO WAY, SHAPE OR FORM A FAN OF NAOMI CAMPBELL. 
I actually can't stand her, and if it wasn't for her YSL print ads then we'd all be better off with her getting fat somewhere with no one to throw Crackberries at. THAT BEING SAID, I'm shedding light onto "The Empire Strikes Back," a FUCKING FABULOUS photo spread shot by Mario Sorrenti (and styled by Jane How) for the 54th edition of V Magazine, August '08. A little late yes, but upon finding these images online I believe it is necessary for them to be shared. This 26 page spread stands as one of my all-time favorites, and I would suggest to anyone without that particular issue to back order it immediately. Mario Sorrenti is a God; the innovation and composition behind his photographs is absolutely magnificent. I love these images, and although it makes me throw up just a bit in my mouth to say it, Naomi is stunning in every one. Enjoy, as I have.

The following is a selection of images from the 26 page spread:



Truly an inspiration, in my eyes.

SOURSE: http://www.fashion-ation.net/category/women/post/49/v-magazine-naomi-campbell.aspx